Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Monday, July 23, 2007

Sweet Time

We are on vacation! It is 6:45 a.m. and Michael and I just watched the sunrise together sippin on some coffee. For once, I was actually awake before Michael this morning. We got here friday- here is Sequanota in Charlevoix, Michigan. I know you must be thinking, Michigan for vacation-why? Well, I would have been thinking that too and I grew up coming to Michigan, but this place is AMAZING. Sequanota is a little private club on Lake Charlevoix that Michael's family has been coming to for over 75 years. They have a house here that has an amazing view. You can just sit out on the porch and stare out at God's magnificent creation. Michael's family comes every summer for about 2 weeks, and I am so thankful that our kids will have a place like this to visit when growing up. Everyone knows everyone because they have all been coming for many many years. The parents and the kids grew up together here in the summers.

Yesterday we relaxed on the beach. I read some magazines and tried to tan little Trev. I used lots of sunscreen though :-) Last night we went to a picnic on the beach on Lake Michigan. It is what you do here at Sequanota on a Sunday evening. They build a big fire and everyone brings hot dogs and smores! It is great! The weather is perfect. Mid 80's-90's during the day and very cool at night.

Here are some pics so far.

1 comment:

the corsos said...

Those pictures are amazing! I love sunrises and sunsets...especially on the beach.