What is going on this week...
"Your baby's hit the 2-inch mark (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce. Her face is beginning to look more human. Her eyes, which started out on the sides of her head, have moved closer together on her face, and her ears are near their final positions on the sides of her head. Your baby's intestines, which have grown so rapidly that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into her abdominal cavity about now. Her kidneys are secreting urine into her bladder. Her nerve cells have been multiplying rapidly, and synapses (neurological pathways in the brain) are forming. Your baby may have acquired more reflexes by now, including sucking, and she'll even squirm if you prod your abdomen, though you still won't be able to feel her movement for several weeks."
Michael and I went out to my parents house yesterday for dinner. My bonus mama, Linda, is an OB nurse, and she has the equipment to hear the heart beat- a doppler. So, we got to hear the tiny little heart beat and the baby moving around again. It is so amazing!
I have been feeling good for the most part! Just very tired... it is hard to sleep at night when you have to get up to use the bathroom like 8 times a night :-) My tummy continues to grow, and I am looking forward to the time that I look pregnant instead of looking like I gained a few pounds :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
How cool is that! I didn't know that that was what she did! Now you seriously have someone to call whenever you have any questions! And I like how every week you are changing "his" and "her" referring to the baby....LOL...keeping everyone on their toes! :)
I got to hold Brittney Broyles Poe's baby today for 4 hours. She had him last week and he is precious! So excited for you!
Post a Comment